And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.
Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore (via larmoyante)
Daily Haiku on Love by Tyler Knott Gregson #tylerknott
And I can’t
but to run my fingers
down your spine
like you are my
book. But I still
cannot read you,
your own language.
Your pages are
tired and torn,
but I want you,
I want it all.
1. I’ve been thinking about cutting my hair to my shoulders and dying it blonde. Maybe if I don’t look like the girl who fell in love with you I won’t feel like her either.
2. Why don’t you miss me?
3. You’re like the stars. You’re so pretty but I catch on fire every time I get too close.
4. My mother thinks you’re a black hole.
5. I don’t want to love you anymore. You’re like a bad taste that won’t wash out of my mouth no matter how many shots I take.
6. I keep replaying your voicemail. How did you manage to make it so your words sting no matter how many times I hear them?
7. I thought scars were supposed to fade.
8. You’re like a disease. You’re spreading throughout my body. You’re in my head and the spaces between my ribs. You’re underneath my fingertips. You’re in my lungs and you’re in my throat. and god you’re in my heart. I wish you would get out. I can’t breathe without feeling you. I can’t get away from you. You left but you’re still here you’re still everywhere.
You will fall in love with someone who’s cold and always seemingly pushing you away. When all is said and done, they will be forever known as the one person you couldn’t get to love you. Unfortunately, it will hurt and sting worse than the good ones, the ones that chopped up your meat for you and picked out an eyelash from your eye and were nice to your mother, because love often feels like a game we need to win.
Ryan O’Connell, The People You Will Fall in Love With in Your 20s (via larmoyante)